Amarnath Yatra is one of the well known Yatra devoted to the Lord Shiva . Amarnath caves are situated at 145km east of Srinagar in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir and located at a height of 14,000 feet above the sea level and require sheer mental strength to achieve the peak. Amarnath yatra attract thousands of faithful from different parts of the world to visit the mystic Amarnath caves every year in the month of July-August.
There are many mythological stories related to Amarnath Yatra. According to one of the mythodogical sotories of Amarnath is that Amarnath Lod Shiva revealed the secrets of Immortiality to his wife Parvati and therefore places was named Amreshwar and has become thea sanctuary of Hindu community.
DAY – 01 Delhi – Srinagar – Pahalgam
On arrival in Srinagar Airport, Our representative recieved you and then drive to Pahalgam. Jammu to Pahalgam is about 315 Km that can be covered by the conveyance of Taxi and Buses. So, the holy Yatra of Amarnath starts from the first route of Pahalgam located at a distance of 96 Kms from Srinagar situated on the banks of Lidder River surrounded by the natural beauty of valleys and mountains. On arrival in Pahalgam transfer to hotel for overnight stay.
DAY – 02 Pahalgam – Chandanwari
Leave Pahalgam and jouney starts for Chandanwari. Pahalgam is the best base for most of the treks. Chandanwari (2896 Mts.) is a small shut off valley at the junction of Sheshnag stream and the stream for Astanmarg. The distance of about 16 kms will be covered in about 4-½ hrs.
Dinner and overnight stay in tents at Chandanwari.
DAY – 03 Chandanwari – Sheshnag
The total distance between Chandanwari to Sheshnag is about 13 kms. The trial climbs the Pisu Ghati and then climbs gradually to the Sheshnag Lake. Sheshnag is one of the windiest places in this valley. The distance will be covered in about 5 hrs. Dinner and overnight stay in tents at Sheshnag.
DAY – 04 Sheshnag – Panchtarni
The 13 kms trek from Sheshnag to Panchtarani (3657 Mts.) will be covered in about 5 hrs. The walk is through Mahagunas Pass (3200 Mts.) and then a gradual walk to Panchtarani. Dinner and overnight stay in tents at Panchtarni
DAY – 05 Panchtarni – Amarnath – Sheshnag
Journey will be start early in the morning from Panchtarani to Amarnath cave. Amarnath is only 6 kms away from Panctarani. Have a dip in the ice cold water of Amarnath stream, which flows outside the cave. Inside the cave there is scenery of calm tranquillity of white and glistering three massive Lingmas stand erect symbol of Lord Shiva, Parvathi and Ganesh. Trek back towards Sheshnag. It is a descending walk till Sheshnag.
DAY – 06 Sheshnag – Pahalgam – Srinagar
Trek down to Pahalgam via Chandanwari. On arrival in Pahalgam drive to Srinagar. Transfer to Houseboats. Dinner and overnight stay in Houseboats.
DAY – 07 Srinagar
Morning sightseeing of Mughal Gardens Nishat Bagh (Abode of pleasure) built by Asif Khan brother in law of Jehangir in 1632 AD. We also visit to the Shalimar Bagh (Abode of love) built by Jehangir for his wife Noor Jehan. All the gardens are situated on the bank of Dal Lake with the Zabarwan Mountains in the background. Enroute visit carpet-weaving factory. After lunch Shikara ride on Dal Lake visiting floating and vegetable gardens etc. Dinner and overnight stay in Deluxe Houseboats.
DAY – 08 Srinagar – Jammu – Delhi
Early in the morning transfer to Airport to drive back to fly Jammu/Delhi.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR START AMRNATH YATRA —-
- » Keep yourself physically & mentally fit before starting your journey.
- » Carry sufficient woolens items including sweaters, Jacket, Muffler , Woolen Trouser, Gloves etc.
- » Do carry some dry eatable things like biscuits, candy, milk powder, sugar, assorted dry fruits, and some tinned food, spoons, plates, water bottles with you/ other thing as your need.
- » Do ensure that ponies carrying your luggage and eatables etc. You should must with them all time, if you let them remain behind you are likely to be unnecessarily inconvenienced.
- » Be Sure that the ponywalla, the laborer, the dandywalla is properly registered and carries a token. You can hire these at fixed rates by competent authority at the camp.
- » All medical facilities during the Yatra are free. However, do carry your personal medical kit / first add box too.
- » Using of Alhocal during Yatra is strictly prohibited.
- » Don’t stop at such places which are marked by warning notices.